Thursday, February 4, 2016

Mice

So, I don't remember if I've mentioned this before or not, but I have mice again. These mice haven't been as productive as past mice, which had litters of over 14 babies at a time. I'm not sure if that's due to keeping these mice in the barn as opposed our house or not, but so far these mice have had only two litters.
Litter one consisted of 3 or 4 mice (can't remember), 2 dead, 2 living. These lasted a couple days and then I think they were eaten.
Litter two had 3 living (2 grey, 1 albino), and unknown how many dead (I found pieces). All three of the live ones managed to stay living until recently, when I found one of the grey ones dead. This one was especially runty, about half the size of it's siblings. Not sure what was going on there.
The other day, I checked the genders on the remaining two babies. Turns out, the grey one is a male, and the albino is a female. The albino is definitely interesting, but I believe Anne's Pet Shoppe housed her white lab mice and fancy mice together, so I'm not entirely surprised that this showed up, although the fact that it is completely albino, is pretty cool.

Here's the mice I have currently:

Founder Male (Unknown x Unknown)




Founder Female (Unknown x Unknown)




L2 Male (Founder Male x Founder Female)

L2 Female (Founder Male x Founder Female)





Update: Both younger mice have been eaten by the adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment