Sunday, March 13, 2016

Scrapping the Mouse Breeding Program Experiment

Once again, I'm getting rid of my mice. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I just couldn't get these mice to produce, and not eat their young. Unlike my first mice experiment in which the females produced more young than I could handle, these did not work out well at all. Luckily, I was able to connect with a girl just a couple miles away who breeds mice, and is in need of fresh genetics. She has been swapping mice with just one other person, and both of them need new blood, so she's very excited about getting a new male and female from me.

Maybe someday I'll try again, but I'll have to do more research beforehand, perhaps buy more breeding pairs, and figure out how to increase productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment